Facts to Pique Your Interest During Repair
Volkswagen is one of the largest car manufacturers, and it is no surprise as they have constantly adapted to change since their founding in 1937. This is especially interesting since Volkswagen mostly caters to a luxury audience. Maybe it is the intrigue of a company constantly pushing the boundaries which makes it so marketable. If you are getting repairs for your Volkswagen you may be wondering what makes it so intriguing that you keep coming back. Here are some fun facts that surround the Volkswagen brand.
- There are about 12 total brands within the umbrella of the Volkswagen company. Porsche, Bentley, Skoda, Lamborghini, Audi, and more have all become part of the company, which is one of the top three largest car manufacturers in the world.
- The Beetle is one of the most iconic Volkswagen cars, and it has some surprising records. Despite its small size which could barely fit a few passengers, 57 people have been fit inside a Beetle. Of course, that Beetle wasn’t going anywhere with that many inside it.
- The Volkswagen Bugatti Veyron was one of the most expensive productions. Technically Volkswagen lost $5 million for every one they sold, but not because the car was a failure. In fact, it was arguably one of the best performance cars the year it came out because of its 1,000 horsepower, which allowed it to go from 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds and gave it a maximum speed of 267 mph. However, the cost of research and design was so expensive that it did not make up for those costs with the less than 50 models that were sold.
- Continuity and thematics are a great way to build a brand, and for Volkswagen, they chose to use oceanic currents as inspiration for the names of their car models. Jetta, Corrado, Vento, and Passat are some examples of these, so if you have a Volkswagen you could look up the name’s meaning. Passat, for instance, is German for trade wind.
- Volkswagen does not only handle cars; they also design and repair marine diesel engines for motor, steam turbines, and chemical reactors. Their knowledge of industrial machinery has, without a doubt, come from innovation and experiments in the cutting edge of technology.
If you are looking for Volkswagen repairs for your vehicle in East Cobb, GA, come to Rocco’s European Garage. Call us to schedule a service today.
Leave a Reply